Sunday, November 18, 2007

Three 'Bucks for the price of one

I know lots of people who complain about the ubiquity of Starbucks locations in the city. That these are often the same people who absolutely have to have their venti skim triple shot extra hot extra foam cappuccino every morning or they just can't start their day is no surprise.

Instead of complaining, I embrace the Starbuck-ness of New York. I'm not a big coffee drinker but I am comforted by the knowledge that if I should want good coffee I can always get good coffee by walking a block or so to whichever the is nearest Starbucks. So I think I hit the jackpot yesterday when I finally found the holy grail of Starbucks locations:
The Starbucks where you can stand outside and see two other Starbuckses.

That's right. I had found the Starbucks trifecta. It's not an urban legend, it exists and its home is Astor Place - that bastion of individualism, free thinking, hipsters and random street theater performed by the NYU kids. One day I will go back and drink a mocha frappe at each one. That will be a glorious day.

No comments: